Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Off the bike

It's been six days since I've exercised. I'm kind of getting sick of not being able to ride. I was perusing the cycling news this morning and came across this journal entry from Will Frischkorn from Garmin-Chipotle (posted on VeloNews )

Whether the doctor okay's riding today or not, I'm spending some valuable time with my bike on the trainer inside tonight. An hour of tough intervals where I'm going to try to push myself and hope to be back in some kind of riding shape before this weekend's race. Assuming I don't get any worse after an hour on the uncomfortable trainer I'll be doing a flat-ish ride tomorrow with some short intervals (still mostly recovery), and trying to hit it hard on Thursday in the dirt. Friday will be a mostly easy ride with some run-ups on the road. That's about as good as it's going to get for me.

As for how much fitness I've lost in a week? That remains to be seen, but my guess is a little. My legs are actually starting to feel like I ran a half marathon yesterday for some reason. Woke up with general soreness. Body and mind is okay, but the legs I think are restless. FWIW, I've never actually run a half marathon, so I have no idea what it'd feel like the next day.

Maybe more later when I get my prognosis from the doc.

No comments: