Thursday, December 25, 2008

Photo updates (with text)

First things first, happy holidays! I've been enjoying my time off work. Not enough time on the bike right now, but all good things come in time.


Justin and I set up our "dueling" trainers the other day. It's nice to not always have to work around both of us needing one trainer to do an hour long workout. Usually means I'm up at 5 am! We got in an easy Christmas Eve spin yesterday morning.




Got home Monday night from a Costco run for Christmas dinner and I realized I have a pretty small fridge... there was just no room left.




Found a good use for those snowboarding socks that haven't been used in 2 years...


They keep my feet really warm while sitting around the house!

Carmichael says in his book to mix up your food intake and not eat the same foods everyday. Oops! We almost always eat the same thing day in and day out. Dinner changes (salads, veggies, salmon, chicken, turkey chili, turkey tacos, etc), but breakfast, snacks, and lunch never change. So, I've been changing it up the past few days.


Whole grain bagel and pomegranate arils.


Homemade breakfast burrito (whole grain tortilla, potatoes, low-fat cheese, salsa, bell pepper, onion, and egg beaters).

My transformation as a human being must be nearly complete. I never used to eat eggs, wheat bread, fish, vegetables... now I don't want much to do with red meat (oops, eating prime rib, filet, and brisket in the next 5 days), fried food, fast food... What has happened to me?!



I've finally joined the brigade! The fit is just weird, but I'm super excited to sport this jersey at some point in the next 2-3 days.

We also finally got a somewhat real coffee pot. Switching over from one-cup pods to Seattle's Best. No grinder or anything (it's only a tiny 4-cupper). The funny thing is that we can only 2/3 fill two coffee mugs with 4 cups. How small are these "cups"??

1 comment:

Luke said...

sweet jersey! a 4 cup brewer...we only make 4 cups when the other one isn't here...just isn't enough. we made 6 this morning...gone in 60 seconds!